Avocado egg bacon toast, simple yet so delicious and GD Food Pairing at it’s best. The protein and fats found in the avocado egg and bacon all help to pair the carbs from the bread which may mean you can get away with this combination even if you typically struggle to tolerate bread in the morning.
Check out my Best Breads post to find the better options
TOP TIP: Freeze bread that is going to be used for toast. Freezing alters the resistant starch in the bread which can reduce the postprandial spike in blood glucose levels, meaning you should achieve better levels!
- 2 400 gram (small) Burgen soya & linseed bread or a bread you tolerate well
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 rashers bacon (I prefer smoked streaky bacon)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt & ground black pepper
- Fry the bacon so that it becomes crispy or cooked to your liking
- poach or fry the eggs to your liking whilst your toast is in the toaster
- butter the toast, add slices of avocado, slices of bacon and top with the eggs. Season the eggs with salt & pepper
Nutritional info. is based per serving unless stated otherwise and is only a guide. The nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients used