Breakfast Cup Omelettes, so easy and quick to make. Great for eating hot or cold, packed with protein & natural fats AND cheap to make too, great if you’re on a tight budget!
So whether it’s breakfast, brunch, lunch, a snack or dinner, these are a winner winner! And they also make for a great choice for wee ones that are weaning.
2 options; you can make mini omelette style breakfast cups (recipe below) or really simple cups which are just bacon, ham, turkey, salami, cheese slices or Quorn slices to line a greased muffin tin, then an egg cracked into the middle. Pop into an oven at around 180°c for 12-15 mins or until cooked to your liking.
Fillings ? ? ? ??? ? ? ?
I find these great for using up food from the fridge. You can add as much or as little filling to these as you like! Here I made:
2 x spinach, spring onion, ricotta & feta
2 x tomato, spring onion & cheddar
2 x ham, tomato & cheddar
- 3 large eggs
- 50 ml milk
- 100 grams cheese grated
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 pinch salt & ground black pepper to taste
- fillings to your preference
- Preheat oven to 180°c (fan)
- Grease 6 holes of a muffin tin with butter
- Whisk up the eggs & milk in a jug
- Chop up your fillings & add some to each hole
- Pour over the egg & milk mixture (to 3/4 full as these will rise when cooking)
- Season to your liking
- Top with grated cheddar
- Cook in the oven at around for 12-15 mins or until golden