When you need a decadent, rich, super smooth chocolate sauce, then chocolate ganache is the answer.
Made with just two ingredients and no additional sugar, it is super simple to make and could be used for topping many things from simple whipped cream, ice cream, trifles and low carb cakes to biscuits.
For a thicker ganache, allow the ganache to cool and set more. For a more runny sauce to drizzle on top of ice cream, use when just made.
This ganache can be made then poured into a jar to set and kept in the fridge to top GD friendly puds and desserts.
- 100 ml double cream
- 100 grams 70% or more dark chocolate
- Break or chop the chocolate into small pieces and add into a small saucepan
- Pour in the double cream on top of the chocolate pieces
- Heat the pan on a medium heat (do not overheat or boil) and stir continuously. As the chocolate melts it will combine with the cream and emulsify. Keep stirring until you create a thick smooth chocolate sauce, then set aside to cool
- Once cooled to your liking, stir well and it is ready to use