This Crustless Quiche recipe is one that I regularly make when I have cheese or eggs that need using up. I really don’t miss the crust on quiche and it makes the recipe a really quick thing to knock up and means it keeps the quiche really low carb.
But if you really want a crust, then you could line the tin with slices of ham or bacon, thinly sliced sweet potato or make a cauliflower base (much like a cauliflower base pizza).
The recipe below can be tweaked with ingredients to suit your liking.
Crustless Quiche Ideas
This recipe can be adapted to whatever flavours you like. My favourites are:
- Quiche Lorraine
- cheese & tomato
- goats cheese & red onion
- ham, cheese & red pepper (cheap ham pieces/offcuts from shops like Aldi, Lidl, and Iceland are great for this and cost very little)
- spinach, feta & black olives
- Salmon & broccoli
- roasted vegetables
It’s a great way of using leftovers and making your budget stretch that bit further for a really tasty low carb dish!
- 200 grams cooked fillings (bacon, ham, vegetables etc)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 125 grams cheddar grated
- 2 large eggs
- 250 ml single cream
- salt & ground black pepper
- butter softened to room temp for lining the baking tin
- Preheat oven to 180˚c fan
- Line a baking dish (I use an 8 inch or 20 cm round tin) with softened butter by rubbing it into the base and edges and set aside
- Add the chopped onion to a frying pan with a little oil and cook on a medium heat until softened, then place in the greased dish
- Prepare the rest of your fillings by cooking off the bacon, vegetables etc and place into the greased dish
- In a jug whisk the single cream, eggs and plenty of salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the cream mixture into the quiche tin
- Top with the grated cheese and decorate with extra pieces of bacon/ham/vegetables
- Place the quiche in the middle of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the liquid is just set. Avoid overcooking or the quiche will become rubbery in texture
Nutritional info. is based per serving unless stated otherwise and is only a guide. The nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients used