Sugar free mint sauce
Store bought mint sauce can contain a teaspoon of sugar per serving! If you would like a safer version, this sugar free mint sauce is quick and easy to make, especially if you have any mint taking over your garden!
Perfect for serving with roast lamb, or if you’re like me, it’s lovely with roast potatoes and gravy… mmmmm!
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp xylitol or erythritol sweetener (optional)
- Strip off the mint leaves from the stems, sprinkle with salt and chop very finely
- Place into a jug or bowl, add the Xylitol and pour over the boiling water, stir and leave to cool
- Stir in the vinegar and taste
- Add more water, vinegar or Xylitol and adjust seasoning to suit your taste
- Leave for flavours to infuse whilst cooking your meat