Never Eat A Naked Carb Nachos (say what?!) Well one of my biggest mottos is #NeverEatANakedCarb and that’s because you always playing safer if you pair your carbs with fat and protein as they help slow down the release of glucose into the bloodstream meaning you are more likely to achieve lower and more stabilised levels than when you eat the carb alone (naked!)
When it comes to crisps, ladies are always asking are they OK to eat as a snack and what crisps are best? To be honest, most crisps will not cause high blood glucose levels as long as you have a small amount and you pair them well. Hence, nachos lend themselves well to the GD diet!
For my Never Eat A Naked Carb Nachos you can use store bought ingredients, or you could make your own fresh tomato salsa and guacamole which I highly recommend because then you know there are no added sugars and you can tweak them to your own tastes.
If you love spice, then I highly recommend getting some Mexicana cheese to top your nachos which is available to buy in most large supermarkets
These nachos also work fab alongside chilli. My chilli con carne recipe is one of my optional membership recipes. If you are interested in tying the chilli recipe and the other membership recipes or 7 day meal plans, please take a look at the optional GD UK membership.
- 1 handful salted tortilla chips
- 1 handful grated cheddar (if you like spice, then try Mexicana cheese!)
- 3 tbsp guacamole
- 3 tbsp tomato salsa
- 3 tsp sour cream full fat
- sliced jalapeños (optional)
- Place the tortilla chips onto a heatproof plate, scatter grated cheese over the top and pop in the microwave or under a grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling
- Top with guacamole, salsa, sour cream and sliced jalapeños if you like them and serve!
Nutritional info. is based per serving unless stated otherwise and is only a guide. The nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients used