If you love peanut butter then this is the recipe for you. Better still it only uses 3 ingredients which you probably have in the cupboard already and these cookies only take 10-12 minutes to bake!
Try out these sugar free low carb peanut butter cookies. Being made with peanut butter, egg and sweetener they are self-paired meaning you can enjoy these without worrying about pairing or spiking blood glucose levels.
You can add additional ingredients to this recipe to create different flavours such as cinnamon, coconut, crushed nuts and seeds. I split my dough in half and added 15g of dark chocolate drops to make some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies.
These quick and simple Peanut Butter Cookies make for great snacks which are sugar free, grain free, gluten free and low carb. Served with a glass of milk which you can tolerate well makes for a great gestational diabetes snack. Details on which milk would be best can be found on our drinks page.
- 250 grams peanut butter warmed
- 3 tbsp xylitol or erythritol sweetener
- 1 medium egg
- Preheat your oven to 180°c (fan)
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl
- Mix well so that the mixture combines and creates a big (but very soft) dough like ball
- Roll out balls of dough the size of walnuts and place on baking parchment paper on a baking tray
- Using a fork, gently press the dough ball to squash it and create a pattern on the cookie, then press the fork in the opposite direction to create a criss cross pattern
- Place cookies in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly browning
- Remove the cookies from the tray and lay on a wire cooling rack. Be careful with these cookies as they crumble easily!
Nutritional info. is based per serving unless stated otherwise and is only a guide. The nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients used