It’s hot but you really fancy that sweet choccy treat. How about a thick chocolate shake?
This is perfect thick chocolatey treat to keep you going on summer days! Try this choc shake as a snack between your meals to help keep your blood glucose levels nice and stable.
- 250 ml tinned coconut milk (including the cream from the top)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (or dark cocoa powder)
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 4 whole ice cubes
- 2 tsp xylitol or erythritol sweetener (optional)
- Add cacao powder, peanut butter, ice cubes and tinned coconut milk to a blender (ensuring to use the cream from the top of the coconut milk tin. This is the BEST bit, so make sure you get it!)
- Blitz the ingredients until they are smooth and then try the smoothie. Depending on your taste, this may be sweet enough. If it is not sweet enough add your sweetener of choice 1tsp at a time, blitzing in between each spoonful until you reach the desired sweetness
Nutritional info. is based per serving unless stated otherwise and is only a guide. The nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients used