Tuna Melt is a favourite Brunch or Supper meal in my house. Crisp seeded toast topped with delicious tuna and mature cheddar, bubbling and melting.
- 145 grams tuna (one tin)
- 3 whole spring onions finely chopped
- 1 good pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 good pinch paprika
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise full-fat
- 2 slices bread wholemeal seeded
- 100 grams grated cheddar
- Preheat the grill on its highest setting
- Drain the tuna, flake it into a bowl and mix with the spring onions and mayonnaise. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and paprika.
- Toast the bread under the grill until it’s nicely browned on both sides, then spread the tuna mixture on top
- Scatter over the cheese and put it back under the grill until the cheese is bubbling