These wrapped stuffed chicken parcels are a lovely midweek dinner that are really simple to make and can be adapted to your tastes.
I make mine with garlic & herb full fat soft cream cheese, or sweet chilli full fat soft cream cheese, but you can stuff your chicken with any cheese, herbs, spices and vegetables that you like!
Try to focus on high protein fillings as opposed to adding carbs such as rice or couscous etc. This means you increase the protein and fat in the meal and it will help to pair additional starchy carbs that are added to the meal.
It’s up to you what to wrap your chicken in. I use slices of Prosciutto, Parma, or Serano ham or Pancetta slices. You can also use streaky bacon rashers.
Inspiration for your Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Parcels:
- Full fat soft cream cheeses such as Philadelphia (or stores own brand versions), Ricotta, Mascarpone, Boursin, Feta, Goats cheese
- Full fat cheeses such as cheddars, regional cheeses, mozzarella, flavoured cheeses such as Applewood Smoked, Mexicana (be wary of cheeses which contain dried fruits)
- Garlic butter or Chilli butter
- Tomato puree, peperoni, salami, chorizo
- Tomato puree, smoked sausage
- Tomato puree, peppers, onions
- Ricotta, spinach, roasted butternut squash
- Roasted Mediterranean vegetables
- Black olives and feta
- Goats cheese and caramelised red onion
- Pesto and ham
Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Parcels
- 2 whole chicken breasts or 4 skinless boneless thighs
- 150 grams cream cheese
- 4 slices parma ham or Serrano, Prosciutto, Pancetta, streaky bacon
- 1 pinch ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°c (fan)
- Cut a flap into the chicken breast to create a pocket or open out the chicken thigh and flatten slightly between cling film using a rolling pin
- Add plenty of garlic & herb cream cheese in the middle, then fold the chicken over so the cream cheese is concealed in the middle and season with black pepper
- Wrap slices of parma ham around the chicken and try to ensure the chicken is completely sealed. You can use cocktail sticks to pin the chicken together as this prevents the cheese from oozing out when cooking. Drizzle with olive oil. Then place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven
- Bake in the oven for around 25-30 mins or until the meat juices run clear and the bacon is crispy